There are three entrances to the Lake Hollywood trail. The trail is more of a walk since it is paved. I started my walk at the Tahoe gate located at the corner Lake Hollywood Drive & Tahoe Drive. At this gate there is no public parking spots so I parked on Tahoe Drive.
From the Mullholland Dam you get great views of the Lake with the Hollywood sign in the background. Facing the other direction there is a good view of Hollywood.
After leaving the Dam on the return trip to the car.
- No direct access to the water.
- Trail is 3 miles long going around both the upper and lower reservoirs.
- If you are planing to use a tripod the dam is halfway through hike.
- Partly shaded
- The Lake was built in 1924 with the construction of Mullholland Dam
- The trail is a service road maintained by the LA DWP open for the use of the general public
- Virtual Museum http://waterandpower.org/museum/Mulholland_Dam_and_Hollywood_Reservoir.html